Monday, May 26, 2014

makeup bag madness + meg and lex, co.

meg 

It's not a secret that I have an absolute adoration for makeup. No shame in my game. I thought I would share with you lovely ladies a few of my summer staples as the weather warms up.



ONE : Garnier BB Cream Combination to Oily Skin.
I didn't jump on the BB cream train until it was almost out the station. I felt like most BB creams didn't offer any coverage & it should really just be labeled as a moisturizer. Until I found Garnier's rendition. I have combination skin, but as the heat permits, I turn rather oily in the summer. This BB cream offers medium coverage with a satin finish. It not only doesn't break me out, it helps existing blemishes. The color range is iffy, but the formula is stellar.

TWO : Mac Blush in Melba.
Melba happened to be my nickname in high school so I suppose it was fate that I fell in love with this blush. It's true coral, matte finish blusher & it is stunning. If you want to fake sun kissed cheeks, this should be a go-to.

THREE : Mary-Lou Manizer by the Balm
I love the appearance of radiant skin, especially in the summer & this highlighter is definitely a help. The champagne color is flattering on all skin types & the sheen is a beaut. Word of caution, this highlighter is a hardy one so a light hand is necessary unless you want to look like a disco ball.

FOUR : Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Auburn
I recently made the transition from a brunette to a ginger & it has been mostly a pleasure. My brows were looking a bit ridiculous so I was on the hunt for another brow product. I've use most of the Anastasia Brow line (which are all fantastic) but her powder is correctly colored & perfect. Within the pan you get two shades, a darker & lighter hue to tailor to your own personal preference. Brow game for the win!

lex


One: Hoola Bronzer by Benefit
I am not the tannest person on the block so a good bronzer is a need for me. Hoola is the perfect shade of bronzy goodness. Some bronzers are full of sparkle and can make you look muddy- but this looks great on every skin tone and doesn't make you look like an oompa loompa.

Two: Seche Vite Top Coat & Essie Van D'go
We are all breaking out the sandals and your winter toes are coming out of hiding. I think it's necessary to paint those puppies and make them presentable. I love Essie Van D'go for summer, and the Seche Vite top coat is the only way to go. It will make your polish last much, much longer.

Three: Sexy Mama translucent powder by the Balm
I'm not going to lie. I'm a sweaty hot mess in the summer. My makeup can be out of control if I don't take the time to apply a good powder. This translucent powder sets my makeup all day and I don't look like the joker by lunch.

Four: Josie Maran argan infinity cream
This stuff is my JAM. You can use it on anything! Sun burns, dry ends, cracked lips... the list goes on and on. My favorite way to use it lately has been on my dry ends as I'm trying to join the Ombre/Melt train. It makes my hair feel so smooth and I absolutely love it.


A big thank you & cupcake to Lydia for having us over here to share a few of our favorite products.

1 comment: