Monday, May 12, 2014

makeup bag madness + erin

Hello lovely ladies who love Lydia,

Here's a little background on me before we get in to the makeup. I'm a new mom, yoga addict, Nutella lover who went to high school with Lydia. This makeup collection is basically everything I needed this summer as I am living out of a suitcase for 4 months! These are my necessities. Sometimes I use all of these products and most days I just use my Baby Lips. Here we go! (Also don't mind the selfie! My fancy camera is packed away with everything else this summer!)



Eyeliner: Maybelline Master Precise liner in black. I love this eyeliner. I use it to tightline and it stays all day and doesn't smudge. Also if you're new (or not new and still struggle--me!) with liquid eyeliner the applicator is really easy to use.

Eye Primer: Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden. This is my all time favorite eye primer I've ever used and I only have a sample. But you only have to use the teeniest bit so this will probably still last me a couple weeks.

Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked 3 eyeshadow palette. I got this for my birthday in March and it's the only eyeshadow I've been wearing since. It's so versatile and will literally look good on everybody. It's worth the hype and worth the money. You get so many shadows for the price.

Mascaras: I always use 2. I feel like my baby fine light eyelashes don't show up if I don't. Right now I'm using Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion in Very Black (I put this on first) and Make Up For Ever's Smoky Extravagant. This was the birthday gift I got from Sephora so it's also a sample, but I LOVE it. I've never bought anything but drugstore mascara and I might be converted to this one.

Brows: The little tiny black thing in the bottom left corner is my eyebrow pencil. It's Mary Kay and in the shade Classic Blonde. I have dyed my hair blonde, brunette, and red in the last year and this brow pencil compliments each perfectly. The formula is awesome and it's very reasonably priced.

Foundation Primer: I use Mary Kay foundation primer (I used to sell Mary Kay so I've tried basically all their products!.) It's the same formula as Smashbox's but a lot cheaper! It goes on smoothly and you only need a little bit. 

Foundation: With summer just around the corner, all I hear about is BB Creams. I've never really liked them until I was watching a makeup tutorial on YouTube (I think it was a Jaclyn Hill tutorial) and she said she mixed her BB cream with her foundation. I always layered mine in the past and felt like it was too much. A few days ago I tried mixing it with my foundation and I LOVE it. I've been using L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream in Light and Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in the shade N117 (I think it's called Marble). The foundation is expensive too so mixing it with the BB cream makes it last longer. Win win.

Powder: NS Minerals is one of my favorite makeup brands ever and they are based in Utah! I usually use their mineral powder foundation as well but wanted to try something new when I ran out. It's very reasonably priced, and since you're ordering online you can buy super cheap little samples to make sure you get the right shade before you buy a full size (I wear shade Mariah). The powder I use is their Green Tea powder. It sets my makeup and nourishes my skin at the same time. 

Bronzer and Blush: More Mary Kay stuff! I hardly ever highlight because I'm so pale, but bronzer is my best friend. The one I'm using has been discontinued and I'm actually on the hunt for a new great matte bronzer so let me know if you have a favorite! I only recently started wearing blush. I think I was just afraid of looking like a clown? The one I used is called Shy Blush (it's a dupe of Nars Orgasm--I am only telling you this because it's such a cult product and the Mary Kay one is a third of the price.) It's also not nearly as bright as it looks in the picture. 

Lips: Baby Lips Baby Lips Baby Lips. This stuff is the best. I think I have 5! Then for a little splash of color I'm wearing Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in shade Juicy Papaya. This stuff is perfect for the warmer months. I just recently tried this and absolutely love it! It's a very sheer coverage and very moisturizing. Just make sure you exfoliate your lips really well before applying as it does not look good on chapped, peeling lips.

Finishing Spray: I used MAC Fix+ skin refresher. This sets your makeup and I also use it to apply light glittery or shimmery eyeshadow (just spray a little on your brush before you pick up any product and then pat it on your eye to prevent fallout and get the best color payoff). I've had this stuff for years and have only used half the bottle. 

Phew! Okay, I think that's it. Yikes, that's a lot of makeup! Thanks for sticking around to the end. You can find me over at balancedbodyblog.com or come write for me at thefavoriteslist.blogspot.com!

Love, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment