Tuesday, February 4, 2014

mrs. renfros

so sometimes i get cocky. and i tell myself, self, you've built up an immunity to spicy foods. cuz you dump crushed red peppers on your pizza. and you dump cayenne in your chile. and you snarf spicy sauce like it's chicken soup. so you tell your husband, husband, buy me the most spicy salsa in the store. and i look at the bottle husband brings home and i read "caution: scary hot." i roll my eyes and scoff.

it feels like someone dipped my tongue in lighter fluid and took a match to it. i feel injured. i think that stuff is illegal or something.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! What kind of peppers was it made out of? Habanero?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's made out of just jalepeno pepper! can you believe that?

      Delete
    2. maaaaybe i'm also just a wussy and a poser too. ;)

      Delete
  2. I am not a hot food fan, lol. My dad used to dip our forks in his hot pepper jar, and lay them back by our plates (this is when we didn't make it to the table before him). After the first couple times, we got used to the idea of smelling our silverware before using them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA oh my goodness!! I bought some Mrs. Renfroe's salsa (the green one) a few weeks ago and I think my stomach is still trying to recover from being scalded from it...I was DYING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I am all about the spicy food.

    ReplyDelete