Wednesday, February 19, 2014

let's talk dry shampoo, shall we?


so. once upon a time i decided to take a risk and buy some dry shampoo from sally's that i'd never heard of before. i can't even tell you the name cause i got rid of it shortly after i bought it. it. was. the. worst. it sprayed on heavy and thick - it weighed down my hair and left huge white patches in my hair. i had pretty much given up on this dry shampoo business until i read a raving review about tigi bedhead dry shampoo.

you guys. seriously.

it's the best.

it sprays on like my aerosol hairspray and feels light as a feather. i swear it's invisible. i hardly have to massage it in before it has worked it way completely through my roots. it smells like heaven and not only does it do its job of soaking up the oils but it also gives my hair extra volume and shaping abilities. i use it almost every day, even on days that i shower, just because it makes my hair do whatever i want. fact: my husband uses it more than i do.

i use tigi's classic "dirty secret" dry shampoo, and their new "oh bee hive!" dry shampoo. i use them both equally, but they are different. i use the dirty secret when it's been a couple of days since i washed my hair and i need something a little more heavy duty (but it's not really heavy). the oh bee hive! i use when my hair is still pretty clean but i want more volume, because it feels a little lighter. i also feel like it has some extra shaping skills. oh, and the smell of oh bee hive!... mmmm.

i usually use one of these dry shampoos paired with the fructis aerosol hairspray in the picture. this is the best drugstore hairspray i've found and i've consistently gone back to it for years. i was introduced to it by my friend, haylee, and it's been my favorite ever since. it's light but strong, and also smells good. my main attraction to it is that it does flake to pieces and it still leaves my hair really flexible. <3 my fructis.

*tigi gave me the dry shampoo for free, but i am not being paid to post about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the winner of the dr. rescue baby lips in coral rave color giveaway is carrie, from the opal dream photography blog!


thanks for entering the giveaway and following my blog, carrie!

and stay tuned, kitties, cuz it's about to get hot in here with more giveaways.

11 comments:

  1. Now I've got to go buy some baby lips ;) always love hearing peoples fav dry shampoos! My favorite has been Suave, but being pregnant I feel weird about using it since I'm inhaling all sorts of gross. Once I pop this baby out I'll be right back on my dry shampoo obsession and I'll give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try dry shampoo! I will have to check the Bed Head brand out.

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally bookmarked this! I've tried dry shampoos off and on and have never found a good one. Excited to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really need to figure out this whole dry shampoo thing since I don't wash my hair everyday anymore and it gets greasy! i should try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I'll have to try! I use drybar's detox dry shampoo and looooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try this kind! Dry shampoo is my favorite, and I'm always looking for a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaahh... i really need this shampoo :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ryan needs this shampoo... thanks for the review on it, that is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this will save my life, i'm already sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i need to find some of that stuff in sydney! must be a lifesaver

    ReplyDelete
  11. i need to try this! been wanting to buy dry shampoo, now i know!

    ReplyDelete