Sunday, February 16, 2014

a random post about a brush.. that i like.

and not a makeup brush. a hair brush.

i've never given my hair the time of day my whole life. it's a pony tail, bun, or just untouched frizz every morning. long story short, i cut it all off in a semi-attempt to force myself to actually do my hair everyday. it works! most days. and in my effort to try harder i decided i was going to invest in this stuff good and proper, and look into some fancy shamps and tools. i did some research, and lo and behold - the olivia garden ceramic ion paddle brush!!


before you roll your eyes and say "a brush is a brush," i want to tell you my favorite things about said ceramic ion brush. it's anti-static. isn't that a cool trick? and the best part is it really works. every time. no static (which is a big deal for those of us that don't wash our hair every day. i'm looking at you, becky). also, i don't know if this is imaginary, but it feels like a massage on my scalp. i have a few separate brushes that i use for different things, but i love my paddle brush for when my hair is dry and i need to detangle it before curling or straightening. it's also big and wide and has a nice rubber handle. i love it.

i know this sounds silly, but you really should get one. all i know is i'm pretty hard on my brushes and they get nicked up pretty bad, but this one has not a scratch. i've been using it for a few months and i can tell this is a durable one.

* olivia garden sent me the brush for free, but i'm not getting paid to post about it. 

*don't forget to enter my baby lips giveaway by midnight on monday, february 17th!

4 comments:

  1. share your trick for getting your hair to curl just right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh brother, haha. that only happens about 20% of the time and it all has to do with if the hair gods feel generous that day.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try this next time I see you. I got the girls what is called a "wet brush" from target and it has really soft bristles. It is great for little girls with lots of knots in their hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to have to try this brush on my big mop of hair!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete