Friday, August 9, 2013

PROBLEMATIC

sigh.... this picture makes me feel so exhausted. in all sorts of ways. i'm tired that this is an issue. tired. tired. tired. so tired i don't even want to ever talk about it. but so tired of it being a thing that i want to talk about it so bad so that it will stop. 


i just want it to change. please? someone just make sexism go away. why is it that i feel like we feminists have to scream at the top of our lungs to be heard, and then even when we're noticed we're misunderstood. just listen to us. please. i'm so tired of feeling like a broken record. why are you a feminist? why are you a feminist? that question again. and again. and again. 

why won't you listen to me? i've told you over. and over. and over! 

but i'll tell you why again. and again. and again. even though i'm exhausted. 

it's that important.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this picture. I showed it to Ryan, because it is something that has bothered me for a while, and he agrees on the absurdity of double standards, etc. I think it is so wrong and sad how women are held to different standards than men, and that the standards do not make sense and are degrading. I believe in modesty, whole heartedly, but I do not believe in modesty the way much of our world does--that it's purpose is to keep men (and others) from treating women poorly. And seriously, to think that the placement of the hemline really determines the worth of a girl?? or the sleeves, or any part of the material for that matter. So, in summary, I agree whole heartedly with your post Lydia. I tend to ramble and I'm not very clear (mostly because I have trouble organizing the massive amount of thoughts in my head...) I just don't understand why a woman is held to such impossible ideals and standards. If her dress is too short she is frowned upon as being a slut. If it is too long, guys look at her as a prude. It's just so ridiculous! And it's true!! People really do judge women like that. And men never get the amount of scrutiny that women get. They are allowed to get old without having to cover up their face in make-up to hide their age... grrr. okay. so I better stop ranting, hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete